Date & Time
Saturday, September 16, 2017
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Trip Leader: Jack Sanford
$8.00 to car pool drivers.
We will car pool from our Sears car pool location at the NE corner of the upper parking lot. We will meet at 7:00am and car pool to the Guadalupe Dunes parking area.
If you would like meet us at the Dunes park at 9:00 am:
- Take Hwy 101 to Hwy 166 (Main street exit in Santa Maria)
- Head west towards the town of Guadalupe
- Cross Hwy 1 at its intersection and continue for 7 miles.
- We will bird starting from the parking lot
We will enjoy a leisurely stroll at the Rancho Guadalupe Dunes Preserve. We will view both migratory and resident shorebirds along the ocean and the Santa Maria River Estuary.
- Dress in layers
- Bring water, snack or lunch
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Bring a hats
- Binoculars a must, spotting scopes are very useful
- As an added attraction we may stop at the Dunes Center and view their latest display of the Sphinx used in the film “The Ten Commandments”
Phone: 566-2191 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsored By Santa Barbara Audubon Society
photo courtesy The Dunes Center