Saturday, November 18, 2017, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm (7:45 a.m. at the Sears car pool location)
Join SBAS and Cruz Phillips when we visit her bird friendly working ranch in the Santa Ynez Valley.
Date & Time
Saturday, November 18, 2017
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Rufous-crowned Sparrow
- Yellow-billed Magpie
- Prairie Falcon
- Golden Eagle
Trip Leader: Cruz Phillips
Carpooling is recommended as parking is limited – Carpool meet time is 7:45a.m.
We will meet at the Sears Car Pool location in the La Cumbre Shopping Center 7:45 am.
$8.00 gas money per passenger to car pool driver
To Meet us at the ranch (9:00 a.m.):
- Take Hwy 154 to Armour Ranch Road (just north of the Santa Ynez River bridge, 3.3 miles west of the Bradbury Dam turnoff)
- Turn north east (the only way you can turn)
- Follow Armour Ranch Road for 1.4 miles
- Turn right on Happy Canyon Road
- After 2.4 miles turn right on Alisos Avenue
- After 0.7 miles the pavement ends at a cattle guard
- Continue 2.6 miles over 2 more cattle guards to the barn and ranch
- Google map HERE
We’ll arrive around 9 a.m. and bird near the ranch house for about 2 hours where there is bird habitat and a large number of feeders. Then we will take an easy walk around the general area and perhaps a tour of a canyon. Car poolers usually stop at the corner of Alisos Ave and Happy Canyon Road for a few minutes of birding there.
- Bring water, snack or lunch
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Bring a hat
- Binoculars a must, spotting scopes are useful
Phone: 566-2191 Email: email@example.com.
Sponsored By Santa Barbara Audubon Society
Photo courtesy Jeffrey Hanson