Sunday, February 12, 2017, 7:00 am - 1:00 pm (7:00 a.m. at car pool location)
These wetlands are adjacent to Point Mugu NAS and close to the ocean in Oxnard. We will bird this area on foot. It will be approximately a 3 mile walk and we must remain as a group. A special thanks to Peggy Kearns and Jeff Hanson for making the necessary arrangements for this trip.
Date & Time
Sunday, February 12, 2017
7:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Virginia Rail
- Peregrine Falcon
- American Bittern
- White-faced Ibis
- Yellow-headed Blackbirds
- Vermilion Flycatcher
- Marsh Wren
- & others
Trip Leader: Peggy Kearns and Jeff Hanson
Cost: $8.00 gas money to car pool drivers
We will car pool from from the Andree Clark Bird Refuge parking area at 7:00 a.m. $8.00 per rider to drivers.
Or you can meet us at the Duck Ponds/Wetlands at 8 a.m.
- Take Hwy 101 to the Rice Avenue off ramp (in Oxnard)
- Turn right on Rice Avenue and head towards the ocean
- Take the Hueneme Road turnoff when Rice Avenue turns to Hwy 1
- Head West on Hueneme Road
- Turn left on Casper Road
- Turn left at the end of Casper Road into the private area
- Please Park on the paved road near the drainage ditch at the ranch buildings
- GOOGLE MAP HERE
- Bring water, snack or lunch and wear comfortable shoes and hats. Dress in layers.
- We will be walking about 3.0 miles in exposed area
- Binoculars a must, spotting scopes are very useful.
Trip Coordinator: Jack Sanford
Contact Jack for information or questions at
Phone: 566-2191 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsored By Santa Barbara Audubon Society