Date & Time
Friday, March 15, 2024
8:30 am - 10:30 am
The Carpinteria Salt Marsh Nature Park is located on the southern (eastern) end of the salt marsh. It provides views into some of the tidal wetlands in that area as well as the area where Franklin creek enters the marshland. A good area for a wide range of avian species.
We will do everything we can for a safe experience, but COVID is always a risk. Additionally, SBAS may decide to cancel events should pandemic conditions warrant it. For these reasons, we ask that:
- All attendees be vaccinated, each participant bring a mask to the event, and social distancing be practiced to the greatest extent practicable.
- Masks be worn in car pool situations.
- Prior to attending any bird walk or field trip, please go to santabarbaraaudubon.org/activities for directions and event updates.
- & Others
- Driving from the North on Hwy 101:
- Exit Linden Avenue off ramp
- Turn right and follow Linden Avenue towards the ocean
- Driving From the South on Hwy 101:
- Exit Casitas Pass Road off ramp (Exit 86A)
- Turn left on Casitas Pass Road
- Turn right on Carpinteria Avenue
- Turn left on Linden Avenue towards the ocean
- For All:
- From Linden Avenue, turn right on Sandyland Road
- At the end of Sandyland Road is the Nature Park Entrance
- Park on the street we will meet at the park entrance
- Click for Map
- Bring water, snack
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Bring a hat
- Binoculars a must, spotting scopes are useful