Date & Time
Friday, September 23, 2022
8:30 am - 10:30 am
Ennisbrook Openspace/preserve/trail, known to the locals as the “100 acre wood” is located along the San Ysidro Creek between East Valley Road to the north and San Leandro Lane to the south. It is a riparian area rich in Oak woodland with many tall sycamore trees which provide rich habitat for many of our avian friends. eBird reports 118 species for this area.
We will do everything we can for a safe experience, but COVID is always a risk. Additionally, SBAS may decide to cancel events should pandemic conditions warrant it. For these reasons, we ask that:
– All attendees be vaccinated, each participant bring a mask to the event, and social distancing be practiced to the greatest extent practicable.
– Masks be worn in car pool situations.
– Prior to attending any bird walk or field trip, please come back to this page for any event updates.
– Common Yellowthroat
– Townsend’s Warbler
– Spotted Towhee
– & Others
From Hwy 101:
– From Hwy 101 take the Sheffield Drive off ramp
– At the off ramp turn away from the ocean
– At the T in the road turn right onto Jameson Lane
– As Jameson Lane loops left it changes name to Sheffield Drive
– Follow Sheffield Drive a short way
– Take the 1st left turn on to San Leandro Lane.
– Travel .58 miles and park on right side of the road (there is no longer a white picket fence but the green pump house is still there).
– We will meet in front of the pump house.
Trip Coordinator: Peter Thompson
Sponsored By Santa Barbara Audubon Society