Date & Time
Friday, December 23, 2022
8:30 am - 10:30 am
San Marcos Foothills Preserve is an open space encompassing 200 acres. It offers exceptional views of the channel Islands and the Santa Ynez mountains. It provides habitat for Roadrunners, White-tailed Kites, American Kestrels and several species of Hawks. It is also home to many grassland and chaparral bird species.
We will do everything we can for a safe experience, but COVID is always a risk. Additionally, SBAS may decide to cancel events should pandemic conditions warrant it. For these reasons, we ask that:
– All attendees be vaccinated, each participant bring a mask to the event, and social distancing be practiced to the greatest extent practicable.
– Masks be worn in car pool situations.
– Prior to attending any bird walk or field trip, please come back to this page for any event updates.
- Song birds
From either direction on Hwy 101:
- Take the State Street/Hwy 154 off-ramp
- Follow the signs to get on Hwy 154
- Take the Cathedral Oaks Road exit
- Turn left on Cathedral Oaks Road
- Take the 1st right turn on to Via Chaparral
- Turn right on Salvar Road
- Proceed across the bridge and turn left on Via Gaitero
- We will park and meet near the entrance