Date & Time
Friday, January 26, 2024
8:30 am - 10:30 am
Lake Los Carneros (LLC) is one of Goleta’s premier birding hot spots. Its 25 acre lake and varied wooded and grass land habitats make LLC a wonderful place to visit in the middle of Goleta. Once a part of Rancho La Patera it is now a Mecca for anyone wanting to get in touch with nature.
We will do everything we can for a safe experience, but COVID is always a risk. Additionally, SBAS may decide to cancel events should pandemic conditions warrant it. For these reasons, we ask that:
- All attendees be vaccinated, each participant bring a mask to the event, and social distancing be practiced to the greatest extent practicable.
- Masks be worn in car pool situations.
- Prior to attending any bird walk or field trip, please go to santabarbaraaudubon.org/activities for directions and event updates.
- Water birds
- Song Birds
- & Others
- Take Hwy 101 and exit Los Carneros off ramp
- Head towards the mountains
- Proceed straight through the round-a-bout
- After the round-a-bout, the Goleta Rail Road Depot will be on right.
- Take right into driveway between the depot and the Fire Station
- We will meet in the parking lot behind the fire station
- Bring water, snack
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Bring a hat
- Binoculars a must, spotting scopes are useful