Date & Time
Friday, February 9, 2024
8:30 am - 10:30 am
The Andree Clark Bird Refuge is a 42-acre open space which includes a 29-acre brackish lake and wetlands. The lake includes three islands which are sanctuary for many species of birds. One of Santa Barbara’s birding hot spots which includes three platforms for wildlife observations.
We will do everything we can for a safe experience, but COVID is always a risk. Additionally, SBAS may decide to cancel events should pandemic conditions warrant it. For these reasons, we ask that:
- All attendees be vaccinated, each participant bring a mask to the event, and social distancing be practiced to the greatest extent practicable.
- Masks be worn in car pool situations.
- Prior to attending any bird walk or field trip, please go to santabarbaraaudubon.org/activities for directions and event updates.
- & others
From the south
- From Hwy 101 exit at Cabrillo Blvd (Exit 94C)
- Turn left onto Cabrillo Blvd (towards the ocean)
- Take the 1st right onto Los Patos Way
- Park in the lot on the left
- We will meet here
From the North
- From Hwy 101 take Exit 95 (unnamed on right just before Hot Springs Rd / Cabrillo Blvd)
- Slow down fast
- Park in the parking lot on the right
- Bring water, snack
- Wear comfortable shoes – possible mud
- Bring a hat
- Binoculars a must, spotting scopes are useful