Date & Time
Friday, March 29, 2024
8:30 am - 10:30 am
The UCSB Lagoon area covers many habitats. Views of Goleta Bay, and ocean south of Campus Point provide many chances for observing shorebirds and seabirds. The fresh water lagoon provides habitat for additional water birds and the surrounding terrestrial areas have potential for many other species.
We will do everything we can for a safe experience, but COVID is always a risk. Additionally, SBAS may decide to cancel events should pandemic conditions warrant it. For these reasons, we ask that:
- All attendees be vaccinated, each participant bring a mask to the event, and social distancing be practiced to the greatest extent practicable.
- Masks be worn in car pool situations.
- Prior to attending any bird walk or field trip, please go to santabarbaraaudubon.org/activities for directions and event updates.
- & Others
- From the South
- Traveling North Bound on Hwy101
- Take Hwy 217 Airport UCSB (Exit 104B)
- From Hwy 217 take Exit 1: Santspit Road
- Turn left onto Sandspit Road
- From the North
- Traveling South Bound on Hwy101
- Take the Fairview Avenue off ramp (Exit 105)
- Turn right on Fairview, head towards ocean
- Road changes name to Fowler then Moffett and then Sandspit Road
- Once on Sandspit Road
- Take right turn into Goleta Beach County Park
- Cross the bridge and turn right at the T intersection
- Make your way to the western most end of the parking lots.
- We will park and meet there
- Map Here
- Bring water, snack
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Bring a hat
- Binoculars a must, spotting scopes are useful