Date & Time
Friday, January 7, 2022
8:00 am - 11:00 am
We are saddened to once again have to cancel our Friday bird walks in January due to the new strain of COVID-19, Omicron. We have watched the soaring number of cases reported and feel that at this time it will be best to assess our outings month by month. That being said, January bird walks and field trips have been canceled. Check back later for our assessment for February.
Sand Point road is in a private gated community. Once a year SBAS is given permission to have a bird walk along the length of this otherwise inaccessible road to view the Carpinteria Salt Marsh from the southern side of the marsh. Don’t miss out, reservations are required for the limited 20 spots.
To ensure the safety of our leaders and participants, the following protocols have been adopted until further notice:
– All participants are mandated to have been vaccinated to attend a field trip.
– Decision to wear masks on field trips will be up to the discretion of the trip leader.
– Maintain social distancing.
– If you are sick, or feel unwell, do not attend.
- Long-bill Curlew
- Great Egret
- Snowy Egret
- White-tailed Kite
- and waterfowl
Peggy Kearns and Jeff Hanson
- Take the Santa Claus Lane exit off Hwy 101
- Follow Santa Claus Lane to the southeast end
- Parking is available in the business area just before Santa Claus Lane enters Hwy 101 south
- We will meet near the Sand Point Road entrance and proceed from there on foot.
Wear comfortable shoes and hat
Bring water and snack
Binoculars a must
Spotting Scopes very useful
Trip Coordinator: Peter Thompson
Sponsored By Santa Barbara Audubon Society