Date & Time
Saturday, January 7, 2023
8:00 am - 10:30 am
NCOS is part of a very large restoration process and is a habitat in progress. Already it has become a noteworthy regional birding spot. Here’s a great chance to explore this new habitat if you haven’t done so already.
Please note that we may need to cancel event if pandemic conditions worsen. For everyone’s safety, we ask that::
– All participants be vaccinated, bring a mask to the event, and practice social distancing as much as possible.
– Masks be worn in carpool situations.
– If you are sick, or feel unwell, please do not attend.
– Prior to attending a trip, visit SantaBarbaraAudubon.org/activities/ for detailed directions and event updates.
- Water Birds
Trip Leader: Rob Lindsay
From Hwy 101:
- Take the Glen Annie/Storke Road off-ramp
- Go south (towards the ocean) on Storke Road about 0.85 miles
- Turn right on Whittier Drive
- Park on the street at the first intersection (with Whittier Street).
- We will meet on the ocean side of this intersection in the remains of the parking lot of the old Ocean Meadows Golf Course
- Bring water, snack
- Wear comfortable shoes – we will be walking about.
- Bring a hats
- Binoculars a must, spotting scopes are very useful