Date & Time
Saturday, February 12, 2022
9:45 am - 1:00 pm
February Field Trips and Bird Walks have again been canceled. We are all saddened by this on going disruption to our favorite pass time. Check back later for the March update. We all miss our times together.
Join SBAS and Naturalist Rosey Bishop for a boat tour of the birds of Lake Cachuma. Explore all the nooks and crannies of the shoreline for not only birds but land mammals as well.
To ensure the safety of our leaders and participants, the following protocols have been adopted until further notice:
– All participants are mandated to have been vaccinated to attend a field trip.
– Decision to wear masks on field trips will be up to the discretion of the trip leader.
– Maintain social distancing.
– If you are sick, or feel unwell, do not attend.
- Bald Eagle
- White Pelican
- Common Loon
- Sea & water birds
- Great-tailed Grackle
- Peregrine Falcon
Trip Leader: Park Naturalist Rosey Bishop
$10 Auto entrance fee.
- Take Hwy 154 to Lake Cachuma County Park entrance
- If needed ask for directions at the ranger kiosk
- Park near the boat launching area and the Fishing and Tackle shop
- See MAP
- $15.00 per person for the boat trip – payable on the boat
- $10.00 per auto entrance fee
- The Neal Taylor Nature Center has made some big improvements and is worth a visit after the Eagle Cruise.
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Bring a hat
- Dress in layers
- Bring Snacks & Lunch
- Binoculars a must, spotting scopes are NOT recommended on the boat
Contact Rob for questions or additional information
Sponsored By Santa Barbara Audubon Society