Date & Time
Saturday, January 8, 2022
8:00 am - 10:30 am
We are saddened to once again have to cancel our Friday bird walks in January due to the new strain of COVID-19, Omicron. We have watched the soaring number of cases reported and feel that at this time it will be best to assess our outings month by month. That being said, January bird walks and field trips have been canceled. Check back later for our assessment for February.
NCOS is part of a very large restoration process and is a habitat in progress. Already it has become a noteworthy regional birding spot. Here’s a great chance to explore this new habitat if you haven’t done so already.
To ensure the safety of our leaders and participants, the following protocols have been adopted until further notice:
– All participants are mandated to have been vaccinated to attend a field trip.
– Decision to wear masks on field trips will be up to the discretion of the trip leader.
– Maintain social distancing.
– If you are sick, or feel unwell, do not attend.
- Water Birds
- Spring Migrants
Trip Leader: Rob Lindsay
From Hwy 101:
- Take the Glen Annie/Storke Road off-ramp
- Go south (towards the ocean) on Storke Road about 0.85 miles
- Turn right on Whittier Drive
- Park on the street at the first intersection (with Whittier Street).
- We will meet on the ocean side of this intersection in the remains of the parking lot of the old Ocean Meadows Golf Course
- Bring water, snack
- Wear comfortable shoes – we will be walking about.
- Bring a hats
- Binoculars a must, spotting scopes are very useful
Contact Rob for questions or additional information