Date & Time
Friday, January 21, 2022
8:30 am - 10:30 am
We are saddened to once again have to cancel our Friday bird walks in January due to the new strain of COVID-19, Omicron. We have watched the soaring number of cases reported and feel that at this time it will be best to assess our outings month by month. That being said, January bird walks and field trips have been canceled. Check back later for our assessment for February.
The Andree Clark Bird Refuge is a 42-acre open space which includes a 29-acre brackish lake and wetlands. The lake includes three islands which are sanctuary for many species of birds. One of Santa Barbara’s birding hot spots which includes three platforms for wildlife observations.
To ensure the safety of our leaders and participants, the following protocols have been adopted until further notice:
– All participants are mandated to have been vaccinated to attend a field trip.
– Decision to wear masks on field trips will be up to the discretion of the trip leader.
– Maintain social distancing.
– If you are sick, or feel unwell, do not attend.
- & others
From the south
- From Hwy 101 exit at Cabrillo Blvd (Exit 94C)
- Turn left onto Cabrillo Blvd (towards the ocean)
- Take the 1st right onto Los Patos Way
- Park in the lot on the left
- We will meet here
From the North
- From Hwy 101 take Exit 95 (unnamed on right just before Hot Springs Rd / Cabrillo Blvd)
- Slow down fast
- Park in the parking lot on the right