Date & Time
Friday, February 25, 2022
8:30 am - 10:30 am
February Field Trips and Bird Walks have again been canceled. We are all saddened by this on going disruption to our favorite pass time. Check back later for the March update. We all miss our times together.
Elings park is a 250 acre private non-profit park open to the public. Known mostly for it’s athletic, cultural and natural environs, it hosts varied habitat and trails that can lead one to many places that birds call home.
To ensure the safety of our leaders and participants, the following protocols have been adopted until further notice:
– All participants are mandated to have been vaccinated to attend a field trip.
– Decision to wear masks on field trips will be up to the discretion of the trip leader.
– Maintain social distancing.
– If you are sick, or feel unwell, do not attend.
- Song Birds
- Hutton Vireo
- California Thrasher
- & Others
- From Hwy 101 take the Las Positas off ramp.
- Head towards the ocean.
- Look for the Elings Park entrance sign and turn left on Jerry Harwin Parkway.
- Proceed to the Battistone Foundation Soccer parking lot located in front of the park office building.
- We will meet there and bird the area.
Trip Coordinator: Peter Thompson
Contact Peter for information or questions at
Sponsored By Santa Barbara Audubon Society
photo by Google Earth