Date & Time
Friday, February 11, 2022
8:30 am - 10:30 am
February Field Trips and Bird Walks have again been canceled. We are all saddened by this on going disruption to our favorite pass time. Check back later for the March update. We all miss our times together.
Lake Los Carneros (LLC) is one of Goleta’s premier birding hot spots. Its 25 acre lake and varied wooded and grass land habitats make LLC a wonderful place to visit in the middle of Goleta. Once a part of Rancho La Patera it is now a Mecca for anyone wanting to get in touch with nature.
To ensure the safety of our leaders and participants, the following protocols have been adopted until further notice:
– All participants are mandated to have been vaccinated to attend a field trip.
– Decision to wear masks on field trips will be up to the discretion of the trip leader.
– Maintain social distancing.
– If you are sick, or feel unwell, do not attend.
- Water birds
- Song Birds
- & Others
- Take Hwy 101 and exit Los Carneros off ramp
- Head towards the mountains
- Proceed straight through the Round-a-bout
- After Round-a-bout Goleta Rail Road Depot will be on right.
- Take right into driveway between the depot and the Fire Station
- We will meet in the parking lot behind the fire station
Trip Coordinator: Peter Thompson
Contact Peter for information or questions at mailto:email@example.com
Sponsored By Santa Barbara Audubon Society
photo from songsofthewilderness.wordpress.com