Date & Time
Friday, April 8, 2022
8:30 am - 10:30 am
North Campus Open Space (formerly Ocean Meadows Golf Course) has been restored back to a natural environment more like what existed on this property prior to creation of the golf course in 1965. There are trails for public access and passive recreation. This open space is a great addition to Santa Barbara’s natural heritage which makes our community so special. It will be preserved for the enjoyment of the local community in perpetuity. Come with us to explore how this site is recovering back to it’s natural state.
We will do everything we can for a safe experience, but COVID is always a risk. Additionally, SBAS may decide to cancel events should pandemic conditions warrant it. For these reasons, we ask that:
– All attendees be vaccinated, each participant bring a mask to the event, and social distancing be practiced to the greatest extent practicable.
– Masks be worn in car pool situations.
– Prior to attending any bird walk or field trip, please go to santabarbaraaudubon.org/activities for directions and event updates.
- & Others
From Hwy 101:
- Take the Glen Annie/Storke Road off-ramp
- Go south (towards the ocean) on Storke Road about 0.85 miles
- Turn right on Whittier Drive
- Turn left into NCOS parking lot (see map)
- We will meet here
Trip Coordinator: Peter Thompson
Contact Peter for information or questions at mailto:email@example.com
Sponsored By Santa Barbara Audubon Society