Date & Time
Saturday, January 25, 2020
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Location: Lake Los Carneros park
- Take Hwy 101 and exit Los Carneros off ramp
- Head towards the mountains
- Proceed straight through the Round-a-bout
- After Round-a-bout Goleta Rail Road Depot will be on right.
- Park in the parking lot behind the fire station
Let us introduce the young members of your family to the fun of bird watching! All kids ages 8 – 16 are welcome with a responsible adult. Experienced naturalists will teach Birding Basics and a Binocular Boot Camp (bring some binoculars or borrow ours), then guide you on a walk around Lake Los Carneros. Learn how to identify, record, and tally the bird species observed, then take your very own bird list home as a souvenir! Snacks generously provided by Trader Joe’s.
- A free event for kids at Lake Los Carneros Park, Goleta
- All kids 8-16 are welcome with a responsible adult
- Led by experienced naturalists
- Birding Basics Binocular Boot Camp – bring binoculars or borrow ours
- Guided walk around Lake Los Carneros
- Free Snacks
- Record and tally the bird species observed
- Take home a souvenir bird list, new knowledge and great memories
- Free t-shirt for the first 75 kids
And please, leave your dogs at home.
Sponsored by the S.B. Audubon, with support from
- the City of Goleta
Santa Barbara Audubon Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Artwork Credit: Karen Schroeder