Date & Time
Saturday, January 24, 2015
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Let us introduce the young members of your family to the fun of birdwatching! All kids ages 8 – 16 are welcome with a responsible adult. Experienced naturalists will teach Birding Basics and a Binocular Boot Camp (bring some binoculars or borrow ours), then guide you on a walk around Lake Los Carneros. Learn how to identify, record, and tally the bird species observed, then take your very own bird list home as a souvenir! Snacks generously provided by Trader Joe’s.
- A free event for kids at Lake Los Carneros Park, Goleta
- All kids 8-16 are welcome with a responsible adult
- Led by experienced naturalists
- Birding Basics Binocular Boot Camp – bring binoculars or borrow ours
- Guided walk around Lake Los Carneros
- Snacks generously provided by Trader Joe’s
- Record and tally the bird species observed
- Take home a souvenir bird list, new knowledge and great memories!!
And please, leave your dogs at home.
Download the event flyer HERE and pass along to friends
Artwork Credit: Karen Schroeder