Saturday, October 6, 2018, 7:30 am - 11:00 am
Join SBAS for a morning of birding and adventure at one of Goleta’s best birding hot spots.
Date & Time
Saturday, October 6, 2018
7:30 am - 11:00 am
Location: Devereux Slough
Meet at corner of Del Plays and Camino Majorca
Because of Google’s new policy of charging for map use, use:
Map: Devereux Slough
if you need a map to the location.
- Water Birds
- Wintering song birds
Trip Leader: Robert Lindsay
- Take Hwy 101 tothe Glen Annie/Storke Road exit
- Proceed south (towards the ocean) on Storke Road
- After 1.2 miles turn left on El Colegio Road
- Turn right on Camino Corto Lane (1st light)
- Turn right on Del Playa Drive (road tees)
- Park and meet at the corner of Del Playa Drive and Camino Majorca
We will bird a loop trail walking the beach past the Snowy Plover reserve, up the west side of the slough on trails by the pond, up around the north end and back down east side of the slough then back to the cars. This is a 3.4 mile walk on beach and flat area around the slough.
- Bring water, snack or lunch
- Wear comfortable shoes suitable for oil on the beach.
- Bring a hat
- Binoculars a must, spotting scopes are useful
Trip Coordinator / Leader:
Contact Rob for questions or additional information
Sponsored By Santa Barbara Audubon Society
Photo by David Levasheff