Saturday, October 5, 2019, 9:00 am - 11:30 am
Just beyond the northern boundary of Santa Barbara County lies this rare and unique ecosystem. Join us on a leisurely 2 mile walk while we spot birds and enjoy the beauty of this area.
Date & Time
Saturday, October 5, 2019
9:00 am - 11:30 am
- Fresh water birds
- Salt water birds
- Northern Harrier
Trip Leader: Rob Lindsay
$5 entrance fee per car or park outside the entrance.
- Take Hwy 101 North to Hwy 166 (Main street exit in Santa Maria)
- Head west towards the town of Guadalupe and the ocean
- Turn right at the Hwy 1 intersection and go thru the town of Guadalupe
- Travel 3 miles to the Oso Flaco Road
- Turn left on Oso Flaco Road and proceed 3 miles to the parking lot
We encourage you to buddy up with your fellow birders to carpool as Oso Flaco is about a 90 minute drive each way.
- Dress in layers
- Bring water, snack or lunch
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Bring a hats
- Binoculars a must, spotting scopes are very useful
Rob Lindsay –
Contact Rob for questions or additional information