Rob Lindsay coordinates our monthly field trips which usually take place on a Saturday. Field trips often go farther afield in the county than our Friday bird walks.
Contact Rob by e-mail for additional information.
We are saddened to once again have to cancel our Friday bird walks in January due to the new strain of COVID-19, Omicron. We have watched the soaring number of cases reported and feel that at this time it will be best to assess our outings month by month. That being said, January bird walks and field trips have been canceled. Check back later for our assessment for February.
As we resume our activities, to ensure the safety of our leaders and participants, the following protocols have been adopted until further notice:
- All participants are mandated to have been vaccinated to attend a field trip.
- Decision to wear masks on field trips will be up to the discretion of the trip leader
- Maintain social distancing.
- If you are sick, or feel unwell, do not attend.
- Saturday, February 12, 2022 - Field Trip: Lake Cachuma Winter Wildlife (Eagle) Boat Cruise
Join SBAS and Naturalist Rosey Bishop for a boat tour of the birds of Lake Cachuma. Explore all the nooks and crannies of the shoreline for not only birds but land mammals as well.
Full details here: Field Trip: Lake Cachuma Winter Wildlife (Eagle) Boat Cruise
- Sunday, February 27, 2022 - Field Trip: Ventura Duck Ponds / Wetlands
The Ventura County Game Preserve is adjacent to Point Mugu NAS and close to the ocean in Oxnard. It is a private club which occasionally allows birding groups to visit its 650 acres of ponds and wetlands. The preserve is a hot spot for waterfowl, wetland birds and raptors. This is a Members only event, SBAS and Goleta Coast Audubon members only.
Full details here: Field Trip: Ventura Duck Ponds / Wetlands