Bird Walks and Field Trips are BACK!
We will do everything we can for a safe experience, but covid is always a risk. Additionally, SBAS may decide to cancel events should pandemic conditions warrant it. For these reasons, we ask that:
- All attendees be vaccinated, each participant bring a mask to the event, and social distancing be practiced to the greatest extent practicable.
- Masks be worn in car pool situations.
- Prior to attending any bird walk or field trip, please go to santabarbaraaudubon.org/activities for directions and event updates.
- Saturday, December 10, 2022 - Field Trip – Hollister Ranch
Hollister ranch is covers several miles of coast land above Gaviota State Park. The Hollister Ranch Homeowners Association and always be supportive of having Audubon field trips to their location. If you have not been, you should make an effort to attend a trip there. There are only 20 persons allowed per trip so stay tuned in to get a reservation!
This trip is Full. No new reservatopms are being accepted.
Note: this trip is for MEMBERS ONLY
Include your name, email address and phone number.
Full details here: Field Trip - Hollister Ranch
- Saturday, January 7, 2023 - Field Trip – North Campus Open Space
NCOS is part of a very large restoration process and is a habitat in progress. Already it has become a noteworthy regional birding spot. Here’s a great chance to explore this new habitat if you haven’t done so already.
Full details here: Field Trip - North Campus Open Space
- Saturday, February 11, 2023 - Field Trip: Lake Cachuma Winter Wildlife (Eagle) Boat Cruise
Join SBAS and Naturalist Rosey Bishop for a boat tour of the birds of Lake Cachuma. Explore all the nooks and crannies of the shoreline for not only birds but land mammals as well.
Full details here: Field Trip: Lake Cachuma Winter Wildlife (Eagle) Boat Cruise
- Saturday, February 18, 2023 - Sunday, February 19, 2023 - Field Trip: Sandhill Crane Overnight
Location: Colonel Allensworth State Historic Park
This trip is Members Only (Santa Barbara Audubon Society/Goleta Coast Audubon).
This SBAS members only field trip to the San Joaquin Valley begins at noon, February 18th at the front gates of Col. Allensworth State Historic Park. We will bird the park and surrounding area, then slowly make our way by carpool to Pixley NWR by about 4 PM. We will travel back roads to ag ponds, farm fields, and canals in hope to find Burrowing Owls, raptors, and a host of other birds.
Full details here: Field Trip: Sandhill Crane Overnight
- Sunday, February 26, 2023 - Field Trip: Ventura Duck Ponds / Wetlands
The Ventura County Game Preserve is adjacent to Point Mugu NAS and close to the ocean in Oxnard. It is a private club which occasionally allows birding groups to visit its 650 acres of ponds and wetlands. The preserve is a hot spot for waterfowl, wetland birds and raptors. This is a Members only event, SBAS and Goleta Coast Audubon members only.
Full details here: Field Trip: Ventura Duck Ponds / Wetlands