Rob Lindsay coordinates our monthly field trips which usually take place on a Saturday. Field trips often go farther afield in the county than our Friday bird walks.
Contact Rob for additional information.
Subscrbe to the SBAS events calendar, learn how on this page.
Bird Walks and Field Trips are BACK!
We will do everything we can for a safe experience, but covid is always a risk. Additionally, SBAS may decide to cancel events should pandemic conditions warrant it. For these reasons, we ask that:
- All attendees be vaccinated, each participant bring a mask to the event, and social distancing be practiced to the greatest extent practicable.
- Masks be worn in car pool situations.
- Prior to attending any bird walk or field trip, please go to santabarbaraaudubon.org/activities for directions and event updates.
- Saturday, April 22, 2023 - Field Trip: Hollister Ranch
Hollister ranch is covers several miles of coast land above Gaviota State Park. The Hollister Ranch Homeowners Association and always be supportive of having Audubon field trips to their location. If you have not been, you should make an effort to attend a trip there. There are only 20 persons allowed per trip so stay tuned in to get a reservation!
Note: this trip is for MEMBERS ONLY
Contact Rob Lindsay (HERE) to request a reservation.
Include your name, email address and phone number.
Full details here: Field Trip: Hollister Ranch
- Saturday, May 20, 2023 - Field Trip: Nojoqui Falls County Park
Nestled just over the Gaviota pass from Gaviota State Beach is Nojoqui Falls County Park. There is quite a spectacular waterfall in the park (if it’s been raining) and is also home to the county’s breeding population of Purple Martins.
Full details here: Field Trip: Nojoqui Falls County Park