Saturday, January 26, 2019, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join Santa Barbara Audubon Society when we present our 5th annual Winter Bird Count 4 Kids
Date & Time
Saturday, January 26, 2019
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Location: Lake Los Carneros park
- Take Hwy 101 and exit Los Carneros off ramp
- Head towards the mountains
- Proceed straight through the Round-a-bout
- After Round-a-bout Goleta Rail Road Depot will be on right.
- UPDATE DUE TO A CONFLICTING EVENT
- Park in the the lot just to the north of the normal parking lot (on the grass next to the church)
- The sign in table will be in the vicinity of the South Coast Rail Road Museum.
Let us introduce the young members of your family to the fun of bird watching! All kids ages 8 – 16 are welcome with a responsible adult. Experienced naturalists will teach Birding Basics and a Binocular Boot Camp (bring some binoculars or borrow ours), then guide you on a walk around Lake Los Carneros. Learn how to identify, record, and tally the bird species observed, then take your very own bird list home as a souvenir! Snacks generously provided by Trader Joe’s.
- A free event for kids at Lake Los Carneros Park, Goleta
- All kids 8-16 are welcome with a responsible adult
- Led by experienced naturalists
- Birding Basics Binocular Boot Camp – bring binoculars or borrow ours
- Guided walk around Lake Los Carneros
- Free Snacks generously provided by Trader Joe’s
- Record and tally the bird species observed
- Take home a souvenir bird list, new knowledge and great memories
- Free t-shirt for the first 75 kids
And please, leave your dogs at home.
Sponsored by the S.B. Audubon, with support from
- the City of Goleta
- Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Smart and Final
- Trader Joe’s
- UC Santa Barbara Associated Students Coastal Fund
Santa Barbara Audubon Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Artwork Credit: Karen Schroeder