Saturday, January 21, 2017, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Santa Barbara Audubon Society presents – Winter Bird Count 4 Kids – Introducing young people to the fun of birdwatching.
Date & Time
Saturday, January 21, 2017
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Let us introduce the young members of your family to the fun of bird watching! All kids ages 8 – 16 are welcome with a responsible adult. Experienced naturalists will teach Birding Basics and a Binocular Boot Camp (bring some binoculars or borrow ours), then guide you on a walk around Lake Los Carneros. Learn how to identify, record, and tally the bird species observed, then take your very own bird list home as a souvenir! Snacks generously provided by Trader Joe’s.
- A free event for kids at Lake Los Carneros Park, Goleta
- All kids 8-16 are welcome with a responsible adult
- Led by experienced naturalists
- Birding Basics Binocular Boot Camp – bring binoculars or borrow ours
- Guided walk around Lake Los Carneros
- Free Snacks generously provided by Trader Joe’s
- Record and tally the bird species observed
- Take home a souvenir bird list, new knowledge and great memories
- Free t-shirt for the first 75 kids
And please, leave your dogs at home.
Download the event flyer HERE and pass along to friends
Sponsored by the S.B. Audubon, with support from
The City Of Goleta
U.C.S.B. Associated Students Coastal Fund
Artwork Credit: Karen Schroeder