Hollister Ranch is a large privately held area of ranchetts north of Gaviota on the coast and into the foot hills. This pristine coastal area is not something to miss. Seize the day and and see for your self the wonders this area holds.
Date & Time
Saturday, December 11, 2021
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Hollister Ranch is a large privately held area of ranchetts north of Gaviota on the coast and into the foot hills. This pristine coastal area is not something to miss. Seize the day and and see for your self the wonders this area holds. Reservations are required for a limited number of spots.
To ensure the safety of our leaders and participants, the following protocols have been adopted until further notice:
– All participants are mandated to have been vaccinated to attend a field trip.
– Decision to wear masks on field trips will be up to the discretion of the trip leader.
– Maintain social distancing.
– If you are sick, or feel unwell, do not attend.
- Song Birds
- Ocean and pond waterfowl
- Perhaps an Owl or two
Reservations Are Mandatory!
We must car pool as we are limited to 5 vehicles so bring a mask. A second trip is planned for April. Late signups for this trip will be given priority for the April trip.
Trip Leader: Guy Tingos
Directions To the Hollister Ranch car pool location:
- North or south, drive Hwy 101 towards Gaviota.
- Exit Hwy 101 at the Gaviota State Beach exit.
- As you approach the State Beach entrance, keep on the road that forks to the right and goes uphill.
- At the top of the hill on the right is a large parking area
- We will meet here and organize the car pooling
- MAP HERE
- Bring water, snack or lunch
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Bring a hats
- Binoculars a must, spotting scopes are useful
Sponsored By Santa Barbara Audubon Society