Date & Time
Saturday, January 6, 2024
8:00 am - 10:30 am
NCOS is part of a very large restoration process and is a habitat in progress. Already it has become a noteworthy regional birding spot. Here’s a great chance to explore this new habitat if you haven’t done so already.
We will do everything we can for a safe experience, but COVID is always a risk. Additionally, SBAS may decide to cancel events should pandemic conditions warrant it. For these reasons, we ask that:
- All attendees be vaccinated, each participant bring a mask to the event, and social distancing be practiced to the greatest extent practicable.
- Masks be worn in car pool situations.
- Prior to attending any bird walk or field trip, please go to santabarbaraaudubon.org/activities for directions and event updates.
- Water birds
- Grassland birds
From Hwy 101 North or South
- Take Exit 108 – Glen Annie Rd /Storke Rd
- Go south (towards the ocean) on Storke Road
- Travel about 0.85 miles
- Turn right on Whittier Drive
- After a short distance, on the left, is a large sign for North Campus Open Space
- Pull into the driveway and park in the parking lot
- We will meet in the parking lot
- Park in the Stow House parking lot east of the fire station
- We will meet in the parking lot then walk around the lake
- Bring water & snack
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Bring a hat
- Binoculars a must, spotting scopes are useful