Date & Time
Friday, October 28, 2022
8:30 am - 10:30 am
Location: Toro Canyon Park
576 Toro Canyon Rd, Santa Barbara, CA 93108
Toro Canyon Park is an oak woodland with chaparral foothills. Opportunities abound for a varied assortment of birds in this area.
We will do everything we can for a safe experience, but COVID is always a risk. Additionally, SBAS may decide to cancel events should pandemic conditions warrant it. For these reasons, we ask that:
– All attendees be vaccinated, each participant bring a mask to the event, and social distancing be practiced to the greatest extent practicable.
– Masks be worn in car pool situations.
– Prior to attending any bird walk or field trip, please come back to this page for any event updates.
– Song Birds
– & Others
Directions (Where we will meet!)
From the north on Hwy 101:
– Take Exit 90 (Padero Lane) off ramp
From the South on Hwy 101:
– Take Exit 90 (Summerland)
– Turn towards the mountains
– Turn right on Via Real
– Turn Left on Toro Canyon Road (2nd left)
– Proceed on Toro Canyon Road until you reach the Park sign on your right
– Turn right and follow the road to the park.
– Enter the park and follow the park road to the end parking lot
– We will meet there
– We will bird the loop trail (1 mile slightly up hill) and then the park
– Map: Toro Canyon Park
photo courtesy songsofthewilderness.wordpress.com