Date & Time
Friday, March 25, 2022
8:30 am - 10:30 am
The UCSB Lagoon area covers many habitats. Views of Goleta Bay, and ocean south of Campus Point provide many chances for observing shorebirds and seabirds. The fresh water lagoon provides habitat for additional water birds and the surrounding terrestrial areas have potential for many other species.
We will do everything we can for a safe experience, but COVID is always a risk. Additionally, SBAS may decide to cancel events should pandemic conditions warrant it. For these reasons, we ask that:
– All attendees be vaccinated, each participant bring a mask to the event, and social distancing be practiced to the greatest extent practicable.
– Masks be worn in car pool situations.
– Prior to attending any bird walk or field trip, please go to santabarbaraaudubon.org/activities for directions and event updates.
- & Others
From the South:
- From North Bound on Hwy101
- Take Hwy 217 (Ward Memorial) exit
- On Hwy 217 take Exit 1: Santspit Road
- Turn left onto Sandspit Road
From the North:
- From South Bound on Hwy101
- Take the Fairview Avenue off ramp
- Turn right on Fairview, head towards ocean
- Road changes name to Fowler then Moffett and then Sandspit Road
Once on Sandspit Road:
- Take right turn into Goleta Beach County Park
- Cross the bridge and turn right at the T intersection
- Make your way to the western most end of the parking lots.
- We will park and meet there
Trip Coordinator: Peter Thompson
Contact Peter for information or questions at mailto:email@example.com
Sponsored By Santa Barbara Audubon Society