Date & Time
Friday, May 27, 2022
8:30 am - 10:30 am
Lake Los Carneros is one of the premier birding spots on the south coast. It existence is not known to many residents of the area for many years! A 25 acre lake sits on the 136 acre park. The lake and it’s surrounding landscape provide varied habitats are host to land birds, shore birds and water foul. The tules which surround the lake are attractive to many species of marsh birds as well. And with all that varied habitat raptors abound as well. It is a birders delight… come and join us here!
We will do everything we can for a safe experience, but COVID is always a risk. Additionally, SBAS may decide to cancel events should pandemic conditions warrant it. For these reasons, we ask that:
– All attendees be vaccinated, each participant bring a mask to the event, and social distancing be practiced to the greatest extent practicable.
– Masks be worn in car pool situations.
– Prior to attending any bird walk or field trip, please go to santabarbaraaudubon.org/activities for directions and event updates.
- Water birds
- Song Birds
- & Others
- Take Hwy 101 and exit Los Carneros off ramp
- Head towards the mountains
- Proceed straight through the Round-a-bout
- After Round-a-bout Goleta Rail Road Depot will be on right.
- Take right into driveway between the depot and the Fire Station
- We will meet in the parking lot behind the fire station
Trip Coordinator: Peter Thompson
Contact Peter for information or questions at mailto:email@example.com
Sponsored By Santa Barbara Audubon Society
photo from songsofthewilderness.wordpress.com